Created by: Raphael Bob-Waksberg.
Voiced by: Alison Brie, Will Arnett, Amy Sedaris, Aaron Paul.


Bojack Horseman is the animated series that follows an actor who was a huge hit in the 90's with his show "Horsin' Around". 20 years later and he's living off the money he made back then, drinking every day and wasting his life.

I love everything about this. It's adult humour down to a T. Usually I find adult animations to be crude and just not my type of vibe (I'm looking at you South Park and Family Guy) but Bojack is unlike these. It's mature and relatable but in the same way a person in their 20's is mature, so you know, a bit of a mess. I literally understand everything Bojack goes through and I'm 100% here for it.

I find the themes that this show discusses and presents to be quite refreshing. It talks about drugs, sex, alcohol and unemployment in a jokey way but also a honest way which mean you can laugh at it because it's true and because, in reality, you're probably doing the same thing in your life. It also adds the type of sarcastic and cynicism to the tone of the show and the characters that I absolutely adore in comedies.

This show is all kind of fucked up. I watched it high once and I'm not sure if I would recommend doing that or not. (I would, I definitely would). 

I like the mixture of humans and animals in the characters, I feel like all the characters are all someone that I kind of know in real life and I understand them a lot. The kind of situations that they go through and the predicaments that they get themselves into are very real but also very over-exaggerated. It has all these different levels to it and dynamics and it works great.


Bojack Horseman has it all. The weird characters that you like when you probably shouldn't. The dark humour that probably goes too far sometimes. The vague 'I'm on drugs type of feel'. It's basically Adventure Time 20 years later on like MD or some shit. It's great. Highly recommend.